Whether you have non-perishable items from your kitchen pantry or your business has pallets of fresh produce, healthy food donations of any quantity are welcome anytime. For every five pounds of food donated, It Starts With ME! can provide the equivalent of four meals!
What should I donate?
- Healthy, non-perishable food
- Items with intact, un-opened, consumer or commercial packaging
- Items with non-breakable packaging (no glass, please)
- Food within the expiration date on the packaging
- Food from your community or backyard garden
What are the most-requested items?
- Canned meats like tuna, stew and chili (pop-tops preferred)
- Canned vegetables
- Pasta & pasta sauce
- Healthy cereals
- Peanut butter
What happens to my food donation?
After being checked for safety and quality, It Starts With Me! distributes your food donation to our partners. Partners including Veterans agencies, schools, hospitals, family service agencies, soup kitchens, pantries and shelters who then provide the food to hungry North Shore residents. We reach over ten North Shore cities as well as fifteen shelters across the North Shore.
Donate food for hungry families or make in-kind donations to support It Starts With ME! serving the hungry. You can donate safely online by clicking here. You can also donate from your personal garden harvest. Please send us a message on our How You Can Help page, if you would like to donate food and we will contact you.